Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
– Jim Rohn
Keep the bottoms and REGROW LETTUCE
Length: 4 Minutes
Click here to view.
Is cabbage a form of lettuce?
Four main types are grown. The category called ‘head’ lettuce includes Bibb, iceberg and, yes, cabbage.
As summer’s hottest days approach, keep in mind that lettuce can be refreshing and nutritious as well as tasty. According to Nutrition And You, lettuce “also contains healthy amounts of minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which are very much essential for body metabolism. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. The body uses manganese as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Copper required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is essential for red blood cell formation.” Read more Lettuce Benefits. including tips like soaking lettuce in salt water to remove sand, parasite eggs and worms.
Some lettuces are healthier than others. Here’s Money Inc’s list of best to least:
- Living Lettuce is tops. Because roots are still attached, they’ll hold nutrients longer. [See video at top and below for how to grow lettuce indoors.]
- Oakleaf Lettuce earns second place because of the many types of vitamins it contains.
- Red Leaf Lettuce contains several different types of phytonutrients, which act as an antioxidant. Some studies have shown they can help prevent certain cancers.
- Green leaf lettuce contains lots of vitamin K which helps build healthy bones and heal wounds.
- Romaine lettuce also contains many nutrients.
All sources checked state the main value of iceberg lettuce is the water it contains [as do all lettuces].
Ways to Enjoy Lettuce
These 40 Recipes to get excited about include:
- Warm Rice and Pintos
- Strawberry Salad with Poppy seed Dressing
- Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These Lettuce Wrap Recipes include:
- Lettuce Leaf Tacos
- Easy ‘Peking Duck’ Lettuce Cups
- Vegan Lettuce Wraps with Tofu
Sandra Gould Ford
Presenting arts experiences to encourage, refresh, enrich creative thinking and inspire.
Shop Sandra’s Succeed & Soar Art on Shower Curtains
As well as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, greeting cards and more
The high quality and unique Shower Curtains by Fine Art America:
- Are made of 100% polyester fabric
- Include 12 holes at top for ease in hanging
- Dimensions 71” wide, 74” tall
- Cost: $76
NOTE: Sometimes art size must be adjusted for whole image to fit. CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Over 60 background colors can be chosen [shades of yellows, blues, greens, grays and more].
Thanks for shopping!