The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human form, in diet and in the care and prevention of disease.
– Thomas Edison
7 Best Egg Substitutes for Baking
Click Here to View
Quick tips on why silken tofu or bananas are great in soft, spongy cakes while applesauce or ground flax works best in cookies.
Length: 2 Minutes
Other reasons to avoid eggs can be a desire to reduce cholesterol and fat intake, concerns for animal welfare, salmonella contamination, and the ‘environmental burden’ associated with egg farming. HealthLine writes, “Egg-laying hens, even free-range ones, are a source of greenhouse gases, which contribute to climate change. Choosing plant proteins over animal proteins reduces this footprint.”
But what to do? Eggs are important parts of cooking. They bind or hold ingredients together. Eggs add flavor, moisture and keep liquids like water and oil from separating.
Commercial products are available, like:
- The EVERY Company produces ‘bioidentical’ egg whites through fermentation
- JUST, Inc. makes egg-free products like cookie dough and a mayonnaise with yellow pea protein
- Egg Replacer] combines potato starch, tapioca flour, leavening (calcium lactate, calcium carbonate, cream of tartar) and a modified cellulose
- The Vegg is a yolk replacer made of nutritional yeast flakes, sodium alginate, kala namak,and beta-carotene.
- This Source also notes that “Egg Beaters” is a substitute for whole/fresh eggs (from the shell) but contains egg whites.
Fortunately, real foods can also substitute for eggs. As shown in this post’s video, they include applesauce, bananas, ground chia and flax seeds, tofu and more. Here are some other foods that can replace eggs:
- Vinegar and baking soda that can keep baked goods light and airy
- Aquafaba, the liquid left over from cooking beans, functions like egg whites and works well in making meringues, marshmallows and nougat
- Carbonated water can add moisture because the air bubbles make baked good light and fluffy
- See All 13 Effective Food Substitutes
Succeed and Soar!
Food for Thought
Based on news reports in recent years, humans now need to address another form of global warming. The time has come to lower the temperature on how we interact. Deadly responses that once seemed effective in handling disagreements can now exacerbate and prolong rather than resolve disputes. Two great achievements at this stage in our evolution would be:
- Peace and prosperity for all human beings
- Make violence and brutality, especially war extinct
Homo sapiens are smart enough to create Win-Win [rather than Win-Lose] relationships. Remind decision makers,
Shop Sandra’s Succeed & Soar Art on Hooded Sweat Shirts
As well as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, greeting cards and more
With autumn’s arrive, snuggle up artfully. These fine quality hoodies are: :
- 75% cotton, 25% polyester blend
- Five sizes [Small, Medium, Large, X Large, 2X Large, 3X Large]
- Two Art Locations [Full Chest or chest patch]
- Double-opening waist pouch
- Colors: White, Heather, Charcoal, Black, Navy
- Machine washable
- Price $48