The marvelous pharmacy that was designed by nature and placed into our being by the universal architect produces most of the medicines we need.
– Norman Cousins
Broccoli Cucumber Salad
Click Here to View
Quick, Cool, Delicious & Nutritious
Length: 5 Minutes
How many times have you heard: Eat your broccoli. It’s good for you.
Here are a few of HeathLine’s fourteen reasons:
- Antioxidants are molecules that inhibit or neutralize cell damage caused by free radicals. So, eating broccoli can lead to reduced inflammation while protecting health.
- Small studies have shown that eating cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may protect against cancers like: Breast, Prostate, Gastric/stomach, colorectal and Renal/kidney
- Research indicates that broccoli may help reduce various heart disease risk factors and prevent heart tissue damage.
- Nutrients found in broccoli are associated with a decreased risk of certain dental and oral diseases
- Read more, including resources
As with so many veggies that are good for us, how can they be included in our diets easily and deliciously?
Fortunately, Mama Boi’s Kitchen provides the easy, refreshing salad headlining this post. And remember to make the most of that concentrated goodness in broccoli stalks
. Along with “Crispy Broccoli Stem Fries” from the Rachel Ray Show, Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’ provides another of many ways to enjoy the good green below broccolis’ crowns.
Video Recipes for Broccoli Stalks
- Crispy Broccoli Stem Fries – 3 Minutes
- Iron Chef Alex’s Broccoli Salad with Stems – 5 Minutes 47 Seconds
Sandra Gould Ford
Presenting arts experiences to encourage, refresh, enrich creative thinking and inspire.
Shop Sandra’s Succeed & Soar Art on Round Beach Towels
Art also available as shirts, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, journals, blankets and more
This versatile, summer essential is perfect for day at the beach, a picnic, festivals, or home décor. Fine Art America’s round beach towels are:
- 60” in diameter + fringe
- Ultra-soft, plush microfiber
- 100% cotton back
- Machine wash cold and tumble dry with low heat
- Price $70 to $76
View All Collections HERE.
Thanks for shopping!