By uniting we stand,
by dividing we fall.
John Dickinson, 1768
Shouldn’t anyone who would govern US, demonstrate that they have and will both protect and honor what this country stands for, as stated here,
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God,
One Nation, Indivisible
With Liberty and Justice
Abraham Lincoln believed that Eden could be re-created in the United States. How? By citizens affirming that all people deserve quality lives and want leaders who can deliver.
As Ed Gainey, Mayor of the City of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said on March 23, 2023, “It’s our job as elected officials to make life a little easier for our constituents.” Important work, because lawmakers decide:
- taxes and their beneficial uses
- educational opportunities
- access to medical care
- public safety
- how wrongs can be righted
- activities that can be called, ‘crimes’ and prosecuted
- our liberties
Consider: What would happen if candidates had to persuade all voters they have:
- Experience in honorable public service
- Truthful and verifiable background information
- Demonstrated success at getting diverse people to work together
- Believe in and will support what “The Pledge of Allegiance” promises
What words could describe US, individually, as a country and global role model? Here are three ideals leaders could champion:
- Pioneering: Forward thinking. Leading the way in the sciences and arts while elevating quality of life.
- Heroic: Fair and just. Acknowledging past wrongs. Correcting ‘sins of the fathers.’ Safeguarding an honorable future.
- Generous: In the circle of life, understanding that more is gained by giving our best.
Be sure to receive Succeed and Soar updates.
Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.
Abraham Lincoln repeated Jesus of Nazareth’s words in 1858 while running for Senator of Illinois.
Check back for updates.
Also see these posts:
Write with positive ways individuals can help each other, our communities and country unite toward soaring success. The US can lead the world by modeling humanity, generous opportunities and strength through unity.