Embrace the healing power of these three things: Music, the Ocean, Stars
— Source Unknown
As a Path to Joy, “Goodwill” is an inclination toward kindness, and friendliness. It is a cheerfulness in helping and giving. Goodwill is an interest in good relationships and building of positive reputations. They are enhanced by “Peace of Mind” or calm. Of this quality, Josiah Gilbert Holland said, “Calmness is the cradle of power.”
Two years ago, the CD player in my car stopped working. For the first time, I listened to the radio. In searching stations, I encountered a man with such a divisive and mean-spirited message and growly voice, he sounded rabid. He created such dis-ease, I thought – by listening any longer – I’d need rabies shots.
Seems we’ve reached a time when strategies for peace of mind and good will are vital and can be life saving, given the rise of grudge shootings and other acts caused by mental unrest.
Here’s vaccines from the article, “How to Build Peace in Your Life and the World Around You,”
- Use music art and culture for peace because they can, “can inspire us. They can unite people. They can heal. They can change hearts and minds.” One way is by using, “music, performance, poetry, comedy, or storytelling to raise awareness of issues or imagine peaceful futures.”
- Stop telling stories that justify war, rationalize inequality and dignify violence.
- Read more
The Psychology Today article, “How to Practice Powerful Peace” reminds,
- Peace is a practice that … improves quality of life, individually and collectively.
- Holding peace as a way of life [can be] both contemplative and active.
- The warrior in oneself is most effective through the intention of peace, even when called into battle.
Which of these words of wisdoms do you like? How important are these qualities in those who govern?
– John F. KennedyCalmness is a human superpower. The ability to not overreact or take things personally keeps your mind clear and your heart at peace.
— Marcand AngelAn eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi.Make your heart like a lake, with a calm, still surface, and great depths of kindness.
Goodwill is the mightiest practical force in the universe.
–Charles Fletcher Dole
Succeed and Soar!
Thank goodness some people are on the planet. In this full Super Soul Sunday presentation, Dr. Brené Brown talks about rising strong. Every moment of this conversation opens the Path to Joy by the peace and good will that starts within and so richly deserved by everyone.
Length: Full Broadcast, 43:27 minutes
Shop Sandra’s Succeed & Soar Art on Shower Curtains
As well as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, greeting cards and more
The high quality and unique Shower Curtains by Fine Art America:
- Are made of 100% polyester fabric
- Include 12 holes at top for ease in hanging
- Dimensions 71” wide, 74” tall
- Cost: $76
NOTE: Sometimes art size must be adjusted for whole image to fit. CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Over 60 background colors can be chosen [shades of yellows, blues, greens, grays and more].
View All Shower Curtains
Thanks for shopping!