Winter Solstice Traditions
Click here to View
December 21 is Winter Solstice. Viewed from Earth, the Sun ‘moves’ from the constellation Sagittarius to Capricorn. Above our planet’s equator, the year’s longest night is experienced. In some places, the sun won’t even ‘rise’ [for 40 days in Murmansk] , which requires making our own light, especially inside.
For 2022, Succeed and Soar promised healing, uplifting “Soul Songs” at the eight celestial turning points. This year’s octad concludes with: Mindfulness.
Each of us is magical. We can time travel, experiencing our pasts and possible futures. These journeys can bring joy and security. Otherwise, as Anthony James said, “Remind yourself: You can only deal with the present moment. Everything else is a memory, a hope or a fear.”
The Mayo Clinic describes Mindfulness as, “a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment.” Eckhart Tolle, author of The Power of Now added,
[free The Power of Now download]
Mindfulness benefits can include:
- Higher brain functioning, increased immunity and less anxiety [see Positive Psychology]
- Also, less depression, improved memory and stronger relationships [see Very Well Mind]
How to pause and use all five senses to live in the here and now?
WikiHow offers these 14, steps with pictures.
- Let Go of What’s Keeping You from This Moment [1 minute]
- Mindful Breathing for Anxiety [4 minutes]
- How to Get Into the Present Moment in 10 Seconds [5 minutes]
- The Neuroscience of Mindfulness [9 minutes]
Shop Sandra’s Galleries
Sandra’s art can be enjoyed as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, shower curtains and more.
This puzzle is a poster from the Contemplative Art that illustrated Succeed and Soar’s Path’s to Joy series.
- Puzzles are made from premium 0.2” thick paper stock
- Include a semi-gloss coating that makes the top vibrant
- Arrives in a puzzle box with artwork printed on top for safe storage
- Puzzle pieces are unique shapes
- 18×24-inch 500-piece puzzle is $40—
- 20×28-inch 1,000-piece puzzle is $44.50
CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Choose background colors
Shop All Collections HERE.
Keep in Mind
All information offered here is meant to encourage, refresh, enrich creative thinking and inspire. With a Masters Degree in Fine Arts, Sandra Gould Ford is an artist, author, educator and former steelworker who intends to lift hearts and spirits, our awareness and humanity.
Know that information explored here may be time sensitive and could have been updated. This material prescribes neither drugs nor therapies and cannot cover all possible situations or appropriateness for any individual.
This presenter uses her best discretion in sharing resources. She recommends readers do the same, including consulting appropriate professionals to make sure this information fits personal circumstances.
Onward & Upward!