There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.
– Linda Grayson
What are flavonoids? They’re six compounds found in some fruits, vegetables and plant products like wine and tea. Flavonoids regulate cellular activity and help the body function more efficiently. They are powerful antioxidants that fight harmful molecules and the free radicals that cause oxidative stress. Flavonoids may also help the body reduce inflammatory reactions to allergens, germs, toxins and other irritants.
What delightful food contains flavonoids? Chocolate! The darker the better!!
Among Life Hack’s “20 Health Benefits of Chocolate” are:
- Reduction of damage to nerve pathways caused by Alzheimer’s disease
- Lowered blood pressure
- Calmed coughing [safer than codeine with its undesirable side effects]
- Reducing heart risks
- Managing diabetes
- Increasing intelligence [because flavanoids ‘boost blood flow to the brain’]
Medical News Today also describes chocolate’s benefits as well as side effects like weight gain, sugar-based tooth problems, bone health and, possibly migraines [more study needed]. Read more.
While indulging in chocolate, remember: enjoy in moderation, buy from quality sources, exercise, brush and floss, and the darker – the higher the chocolate content — the healthier.
Succeed and Soar!
To control the ingredients, Adriana Harlan shows how to make 84% dark chocolate from scratch.
How to make your own dark chocolate, including ganache.
- Chocolate Date Cookies
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- No Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Fudgesicles
Shop Sandra’s Galleries
This puzzle is a poster from the Contemplative Art that illustrated Succeed and Soar’s Path’s to Joy series.
- Puzzles are made from premium 0.2” thick paper stock
- Include a semi-gloss coating that makes the top vibrant
- Arrives in a puzzle box with artwork printed on top for safe storage
- Puzzle pieces are unique shapes
- 18×24-inch 500-piece puzzle is $40—
- 20×28-inch 1,000-piece puzzle is $44.50
CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Choose background colors
Shop All Collections HERE.
Keep in Mind
All information offered here is meant to encourage, refresh, enrich creative thinking and inspire. With a Masters Degree in Fine Arts, Sandra Gould Ford is an artist, author, educator and former steelworker who intends to lift hearts and spirits, our awareness and humanity.
Know that information explored here may be time sensitive and could have been updated. This material prescribes neither drugs nor therapies. Further, this brief post cannot cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic responses, adverse effects or appropriateness for any individual.
Blessings and Good Health.