Our words have creative power.
With our words, we can speak blessings over our future.
– Joel Osteen
While all twelve Paths to Joy provide great insights, a favorite of mine is the third. As Don Miguel Ruiz said in Paths to Joy 2020, “each of us live in worlds built by our words.”
Of words, Pearl Strachan Hurd said, “Handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs.” Sigmund Freud said, “Words have magical power. They can either bring the greatest happiness or the deepest despair. “ Joyce Meyer added, “Words are containers for power, you choose what kind of power they carry.”
Affirmations are words spoken or thought over and over. Louise Hay believed every word we think or speak is an affirmation and that affirmations create life experiences. She recommended using affirmations to:
- change unpleasant things and
- create delight.
Her web site posts daily affirmations. Today’s is: Abundance flows freely through me.
The We Spot reminds words can shape the future because they:
- Attack [create hostile environments]
- Attach [stick for a long time, even affecting future generations], and
- Acquire [attract conditions and circumstances]
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Of this text, Law of Attraction wrote, We could all learn something from this well-known Bible verse. Looking beyond the religious overtones, there is a message to be found in this for everyone. Everything begins with a word. Words consist of vibration and sound. It is these vibrations that create the very reality that surrounds us. Words are the creator; the creator of our universe, our lives, our reality.
Law of Attraction also suggests words can bring joy by choosing them wisely, picking words that praise you and selecting words that can deliver happiness. Read more.
According to Courageous and Mindful, ‘Cognitive Distortion’ is that voice inside that ‘likes to whisper mean and nasty things at you when you’re having a bad day.’ Even though there are twelve common types,’ Courageous and Mindful reminds that, “Just because you think something does not mean it’s true. We lie to ourselves all the time.” Best of all, the brain can be retrained.
On the Path to Joy, keep in mind that – whether thought or spoken – to ourselves or others,
When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
– Source Unknown
- Many people discuss this topic. But I truly appreciate the fact that you utilized the hand pan to illustrate the way our minds can be guided to focus on something that is neither bad nor good but possibly exciting and interesting and captivating.
- Him playing that instrument actually brought joy to me and happiness. Just something about the noise that’s beautiful and improves my mood …
- This video moved me to tears. Why am I so down on myself? Why are we our worst critics? Why do we care what others think or say? Especially when it comes to our passion and dreams. Thank you for sharing this video with the world. I send my love, respect, and joy to you all!
About the Featured Art
All “Illustrated Wisdoms” in this 2023 Paths to Joy collection were created by splattering viscous Dylusions shimmer spray on 11×14, 98 pound, Canson mixed media paper, then spritzing with water to see how the colors would run and gather.
When dry, the circles were created, meant to suggest worlds with golden haloes sailing through universes of possibility.
Shop Sandra’s Art on Stickers
The high quality and unique Stickers produced by Fine Art America are:
- Vinyl in 3 sizes: 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 6×6
- Kiss-cut w 1/8” border
- Available with transparent or white background
- Adhesive back clings to smooth surfaces, easy to remove
- Adhesive backing with plenty of stickiness
- Clings to any smooth surface yet easy to remove
- Priced from $3.50 to $9.20
CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text