– Sinclair Lewis
Psychology Today reported,
The fear of rejection is one of our deepest human fears. Biologically wired with a longing to belong, we fear being seen in a critical way. We’re anxious about the prospect of being cut off, demeaned, or isolated. We fear being alone. We dread change.
The depth and flavor of fear varies for each individual, although there are common elements at play. If we’re willing to look, what is our actual felt experience of rejection? What are we really afraid of? Read more
Calm Sage offers these cures for fear of rejection,
- Engage in positive self talk
- Know that rejection does not define you
- Be kind to yourself
Nobel prize winning author Toni Morrison said, “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” The same for any, marvelous hope or dream. But if, for the moment, ambitions feel thwarted, here are resources that can fortify,
- Succeed and Soar has examined F.E.A.R. a few times, including the January 16, 2021 post “False Evidence Appearing Real” and the March 21, 2020 post, “Face Everything And Rise.”
- 7 Authors Speak of Rejection as an Enormous Part of Writers Lives
- 50 Iconic Writers Who were Repeatedly Rejected
- 10 Reasons Why Novels Are Rejected
- Serenity Prayer
Shop Sandra’s Art on Stickers
As well as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, shower curtains and more.
The high quality and unique Onesies produced by Fine Art America:
- Vinyl in sizes: 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 6×6
- Kiss-cut w 1/8” border
- Available with transparent or white background
- Adhesive back clings to smooth surfaces, easy to remove
- Adhesive backing with plenty of stickiness
- Clings to any smooth surface yet easy to remove
- Priced from $3.50 to $9.20
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
Shop All Art and Collections HERE.
Thanks for your support!