The more we simplify our material needs the more we are free to think of other things.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
One of my photography teachers said that images can be strengthened when they’re simplified. In looking for other ways to say Barry Lavery’s favorite phrase, ‘Less is more,” I found:
- Hit the high spots.
- Let sunlight in.
- Make clear.
Veneta Lusk is a personal finance expert who’s learned how to live better with less so that her family is debt free, travels more and can focus on fun projects. Two of her ten tips are:
- BUY ONE, GIVE TWO. Example: if you see a shirt you really want, buy it and sell or donate two you already own. This rule not only helps reduce the stuff inside your home, it also means you must be pickier about what you buy and what you keep.
- LIMIT GIFT GIVING: Make a pact with loved ones to stop exchanging gifts. Focus on doing fun activities or sharing a meal. … Instead of buying your dad a golf club, take him to play a round of golf. Or instead of giving your sister a gift card, treat her to a spa or a massage.
- Read more
Smart Money, Simple Life offers “50 Awesome Ways to Live Better on Less Money,” including:
- Line Dry Clothes. Once upon a time, that’s how laundry was done. Today, that reduces utility bills. [Inside, consider drying racks].
- The 30-Day Challenge. To avoid impulse shopping, put desired items on a list with the date you were tempted to buy it. If the purchase makes sense after 30 days, purchase it!
- More Tips
Chopra reminds that thoughts can also become cluttered. Here are ways to keep the mind clutter free:
- Sleep More [I really like this one]
- Schedule Time to Worry
- Enjoy Time in Nature
- Read more
Succeed and Soar!
Saturday, August 28, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day
– Anatole France
Okay. My soul may be awakened, but my heart still hurts. Last year, a Rainbow Bridge moment was part of a Wicca ceremony. I was gladdened to learn my pups Cindy and Lady could, so deservedly be frolicking and happy in that place. Click the image to learn more and view the lovely video. [Have a hanky handy.]
Tuesday, August 31, Eat Outside Day
Reasons to eat outside:
- Absorb vitamin D from the sun.
- Ease anxiety and depression.
- Read more
Sandra’s Gifts shares my art as mouse pads, phone cases and shower curtains, as mugs, dresses, journals, greeting cards and more. What beautiful and inspiring fun! Shop Here
Sometimes [sigh], my backyard can be a pretty wild place, which is where morning glories delighted and fascinated me.
My art is available as prints on assorted, high-quality papers, framed and on canvas with various borders and widths.
Check for limited time gallery discounts at top of page.