— Sharon Creech
When in my twenties, Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich struck me as tedious. Several decades later, when I tried the book again, I understood Napoleon Hill was describing how to achieve something more enriching, of which financial wealth could be a by-product.
Since Think and Grow Rich was published in 1937, quite a few have followed Hill’s lead. Following Succeed and Soar’s Path to Joy #2 post about material wealth, a talented, young man mentioned he was reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. He accepted my invitation to explore three books and offer:
- A meaningful quote
- Two insights he gained
- What he liked best
B J was pleased to review these books because he’s found that a lot of us work our tails off all our lives and then, when we are supposed to reap the rewards of our labors, many can’t afford it. Dreams die. These books offer alternatives.
Angel Wealth Magic,
Simple Steps to Hire the Divine
by Corin Grillo
“Making the conscious choice to be wealthy can allow you to create an extraordinary shift inside yourself.”
- I never sought the spiritual side to becoming wealthy or understand that possibility exists. This book challenged me to rethink money and how powerful intention and faith is to attracting wealth.
- Ms.Corin also recognizes that angels can help attain wealth, which includes acknowledging and respecting ancestors.
- I enjoy Angel Wealth Magic because it really encourages me to be intentional with my prayers, wishes and desires, and also promotes respect and gratitude for The Creator and all Created. I was made aware of the importance of the Law of Attraction and how it is REAL!
Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Robert T. Kiyosaki“In order to retire young and retire rich, I had to reject some of my own family’s reality before I could adopt and find my own realities”
- I learned the importance of stepping back from traditions and analyzing practices around me. This book showed me that beliefs and habits that have been passed down can repel wealth and financial success.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad opened my eyes to how most Americans retire poor, with less money and worse health than in their younger years. This realization helped me recognize the importance of living wisely, being less greedy, and working hard while enjoying life with extreme gratitude.
- I love this book because it shares information I hadn’t been taught. I learned about Real Estate and its importance. Also the importance of believing and gaining enough knowledge to one day “Retire Young and Retire Rich.”
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
by Deepak Chopra“Relinquish your attachment to the known, step into the unknown, and you will step into the field of all possibilities.”
- The art of detachment has been something I’ve heard with the connotation, “Denounce the world and all that’s in it.”Fortunately, meditation guru Jay Shetty was my professor in this concept. He reinforced what The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success teaches, “True detachment is when you are close to everything and not letting it consume and own you.”
- This book reminds me to be introspective and grounded, to seek and answer the life-changing questions that can give my life meaning, purpose and definition.
- I love any book that incorporates wisdom. It makes me snicker because my middle name is Solomon.The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success is not just about financial or physical, or mental success. It’s about the focus that leads to self discovery, the cultivation and nurturing of the person you truly want to be.
About BJ Armbrister
I am an entrepreneur and creative based near Atlanta GA and never thought about how my environment affects my desire to claim the wealth that I feel is meant for me.
These books helped me realize that I have compared myself to others too much and set overly high expectations. While good for my drive, they were bad for my mental state.
Years of mindfulness training reminded me that my path is my own and meant for me. And, I have to be more joyous and appreciate what I have. Also, by embracing gifts already received, I will definitely be blessed with more.
- BJ on Instagram @mr_armbrister
- BJ’s A Better Today Wellness Planner and Journal
Buy Sandra’s Succeed & Soar Art on Galaxy & IPhone Cases
As well as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, shower curtains and more
Beautifully protect your phone with an impact resistant, slim-profile, hard-shell case. The art is printed directly onto the case and wrapped around the edges for a beautiful presentation. Simply snap case onto phone for instant protection and direct access to phone’s features.
Available for numerous phone styles. Either slim or tough case styles available.
Price: $23.50 TO $25
CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Choose background colors
- GALAXY PHONE CASES: https://sandrasart.pixels.com/shop/galaxy+cases
- IPHONE CASES: https://sandrasart.pixels.com/shop/iphone+cases
Thanks for shopping!
Shop All Art and Collections HERE.