– Margaret Thatcher
One of my delights is finding and presenting special, short videos. This month’s is about the Galapagos Islands Marine Iguanas. While they live on rocks above the ocean, babies hatch inland. There, racer snakes await the once-a-year feast of newborns. While the predators can’t see very well, they can detect movement. Of this infant’s first moment, the narrator says, “If the hatchling keeps its nerve [stands still], it may just avoid detection.”
Here are comments from the millions who’ve seen this BBC Earth series clip:
- I watched this so many times, only to realise today that it’s real. I always thought it was a made up story it’s absolutely amazing the snakes are so fast, I have never seen snakes [slither] this fast in my life.
- It is quite literally a scene out of someone’s worst nightmare. Whoever shot this recorded pure cinematic legendary genius. Absolutely enthralling.
- It’s crazy how the newborn iguana instinctively knew to stand still even though there was a snake passing by right in front of it.
- This left me more on the edge of my seat than any blockbuster I’ve seen in the last few years. Life itself truly writes the best stories. The footage, editing and music of this video was absolutely on point.
Shop Sandra’s Art on Greeting Cards
Also available as tote bags, tee shirts, journals, puzzles, phone cases, ornaments, face masks, towels, blankets, cups, pillows, shower curtains and more
Each item is individually made, just for you.
This photograph was taken in the Rocky Mountain woods near Aspen, Colorado.
- Impressive 5×7, 100 pound stock
- Outside: Semi-gloss, protective UV coat
- Inside: matte white finish
- Your own, personal message can be printed inside cards [up to 500 characters]
- Single card $4.95
- Box of ten: $2.55 per card
- Box of 25: $1.95 per card
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Choose background colors
Shop the Celebrate Winter collection HERE.
Thanks for your support!