Because Aurelius is right, wouldn’t you agree, we now need leaders who can unite the United States?
“A house divided against itself cannot stand,” was part of Abraham Lincoln’s address to the 1868 Illinois Republican State Convention. Those words are in the Bible dozens of times, in the books of Mark, Matthew, Luke, even Psalm 133:1 which says, “How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity.”
This country’s founders wanted a Republic with strong Democratic values to avoid factions, special interests, oligarchs, despots, monarchy, weak central government, and mob rule, which happens when a “pure” Democracy devolves into anarchy. Read more.
Here’s the difference between a republic and a democracy, which decides how people can and cannot live, as when baseball was illegal on Sunday and using condoms was against the law. See Booze, Bets & Sex That Built America.
Until the 1960s, these were criminal acts:
- birth control, especially for single women.
- shopping on Sundays
- marriage [even sex] outside one’s race
At the annual meeting of the International Society of Political Psychologists, Shawn Rosenberg stated that democracy is devouring itself and won’t last. Why? “When people are left to make political decisions on their own they drift toward the simple solutions right-wing populists worldwide offer: a deadly mix of xenophobia, racism and authoritarianism.” More.
Bill Maher’s comments in the following video add insights.
Succeed and Soar!
Shop Sandra’s Gifts
This bubbling, energetic images is a ‘reverse’ of the original. The theme guiding the illustrated was, “Success.”
- Puzzles are made from premium 0.2” thick paper stock
- Include a semi-gloss coating that makes the top vibrant
- Arrives in a puzzle box with artwork printed on top for safe storage
- Puzzle pieces are unique shapes
- 18×24-inch 500-piece puzzle is $40—
- 20×28-inch 1,000-piece puzzle is $44.50
CUSTOMIZE. Use tools with item to:
- Enlarge, reduce size of art
- Change placement of art and text
- Choose background colors
Click here to purchase! “He who laughs lasts” puzzle [also as poster, greeting card, phone case, tapestry and more].
Shop All Collections HERE.