we must first make friends with ourselves.
— Eleanor Roosevelt
“Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief,” said Cicero. Shakespeare wrote, “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” Jess C. Scott added, “Friends are the family you choose.”
VeryWellMind says, “Friendships can enrich your life in many ways. Good friends teach you about yourself and challenge you to be better … Some research even says friendships are just as important to your well-being as eating right and exercising.”
Psychology Today adds, “Friends are often soulmates. Recognizing each other on a soul level helps us spiritually … When you had an anam cara, your friendship cut across all convention and category. You were joined in an ancient and eternal way with the friend of your soul.”
LonerWolf suggests twelve ways to create an anam cara, a ‘soul friend’ inside, including: A random act of kindness for yourself each day and seeking solitude. LifeHack suggests:
- Focus on your strengths
- Write your success stories
- Read more
Here are more Best Friend resources:
- What really constitutes an online friendship: [includes link to “4 Types of People You Should Never Friend on Facebook”
- Be Your Own Best Friend Worksheet.
- How to be a better friend
- Making good friends
- How to make friends
Depends how loud you shut it.
How many slices in a bread?
Depends how thin you cut it.
How much good inside a day?
Depends how good you live ’em.
How much love inside a friend?
Depends how much you give ’em.
— Shel Silverstein
Succeed and Soar!
Four Days Left.
Each November, Succeed and Soar’s readers are invited to keep these inspirations glowing and growing.
Think of this once-a-year contribution as a subscription.
[So far this month, $0 has been invested.]
Included can be this month’s special book. The New York Times calls Ivan Doig’s Last Bus to Wisdom, “an enchanting 1950s road-trip tale that swaps Kerouac’s Sal Paradise for a plucky 11-year-old named Donal.”
Subscribe to Succeed and Soar to receive Zoom link.
See you soon!
Image @ canstockphoto.com
Super Sale through Tuesday, November 30, 11:59 pm
- 60% off shower curtains and floor pillow cases.
- 40% off pouches, notebooks, journals and blankets.
- 30% off iPhone skins, iPhone cases, iPhone wallets, Samsung skins, Samsung cases, puzzles, posters, art prints, photographic prints, tapestries, desk mats, mouse pads, and mugs.
- 25% off clothing, canvas prints, fitted masks, framed prints, greeting cards.
- 20% off all other items.