– Henry Ford
In my twenties, a theory about relationships became very real.
Back then, I worked in a three-room office. ‘Clark,’ the department manager occupied a large room that claimed half our space. ‘Everett,’ the assistant manager had a little office. As clerk-stenographer, I shared the small reception area with ‘Logan,’ who handled the department’s legwork. Logan’s desk was behind the door we shared.
One day, ‘Logan’ took over the big office. From then on, ‘Everett’ took orders from instead of giving them to ‘Logan.’ ‘Clark,’ the manager who hired me, vanished.
While ‘Logan’ was very skilled at our department’s work, he was also buddies with the company’s new superintendent. That day I learned that, in real life, it may not be what you know, but who you know AND who likes you … that really counts.
Emotional Intelligence is, “the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.”
Of this skill, The Center for Creative Leadership writes, “Seventy-five percent of careers are derailed for reasons related to emotional competencies, including inability to handle interpersonal problems; unsatisfactory team leadership during times of difficulty or conflict; or inability to adapt to change or elicit trust.”
Dave Lennick, an American Express Senior Vice President said, “Emotional competence is the single most important personal quality that each of us must develop and access.”
Wondering about your Emotional Intelligence? These materials are not intended for diagnosis. They are offered for personal reflection.
- Emotional Intelligence Skill-building and Self Awareness
- A test for school age children
- A self test for relationships
— Source Unknown
Enjoy A Puzzle
- Two sizes: 18×24 [500 pieces] or 20×28 [1,000 pieces]
- Premium 0.2” thick paper stock
- Vibrant, semi gloss coating
- Custom size the art and choose your own background color
- Handsome and sturdy puzzle box with picture on top
- Click on picture or here to purchase Sun Mint Tea puzzle
- Shop All Sandra’s Art Puzzles